Welcome to Really Simple Guitar!
Hi, Alan Furth here. I’m a long-time guitar enthusiast. I started playing guitar in my teens. But my love for music started much earlier.
For my sixth birthday, my parents gave me a copy of The Rock Album. It was an epic compilation album of rock songs of the late ’70s and early ’80s.
One of them was Kansas’ “Dust in The Wind.” To this day, I fall into a dreamlike state whenever those magic acoustic-guitar vibes wash over me.
The album also featured Toto’s “Hold the Line,” and Boston’s “More Than a Feeling.” Their power chords, twin harmonies, and blazing solos overwhelmed my young soul.
Emotions bubbled up inside of me like a volcanic eruption.
And then I discovered that other “Eruption” — by Eddie Van Halen.
My mission on this site is to help busy folks like you become the best guitar players you can be
The Really Simple Guitar Team
Andrew is the content editor for ReallySimpleGuitar.com and lives in beautiful Northern Michigan. He has been playing guitar for the past two decades. Inside his living room is a Martin OO-17S, which gets picked up nearly every day to entertain his young son Charlie and wife Erin. As a fan of jazz, Andrew also owns a D’Angelico EXL-1 Deluxe archtop in a stunning plum color.
Aaron Cianek is a musician and digital marketer based in Michigan, USA. Along with nearly 20 years of playing guitar and bass in a variety of bands, he’s a self-proclaimed gearhead who’s always trying new and vintage gear in the quest for new tones. Current favorites include an original ‘65 Fender Mustang, ‘70s Ampeg Big Stud, ‘75 Music Man combo amp, Gibson J-45 and his go-to Fender Telecaster.
James J. Griffin
James is a freelance writer based in San Diego, CA and Manchester, UK. His love affair with the guitar began like so many have before — as a way to meet girls as an awkward teenager. While it didn’t help at the time, his relationship with the guitar has blossomed into one of his most successful to date. When he’s not strumming chords, he’s trying desperately to import a proper burrito from his native town to his adoptive one. Find more at CopyProphet.com
What's in it for you?
Do you want to make the most out of the resources you invest in your guitar-playing journey?
- You want to manage as best as possible the precious free time you invest in learning to play.
- You want to get the best bang for every hard-earned buck you invest in a guitar and related gear.
- You want advice based on actual, up-to-date customer experience — not on marketing materials.
- Our electric guitar, acoustic guitar, ukulele, effects, amps & preamps, and parts & accessories reviews.
- Our simple electric guitar learning and simple acoustic guitar learning articles.
- Our articles on guitar culture, guitar lifestyle, and everything else related to the most awesome of musical instruments.
Founder of Really Simple Guitar